- Want to add audio or video clips to your class web page?
- Want to scan text or images for use in BlackBoard?
- Need help with file formats for images or large text documents?
- Have an idea for enhancing your class but don't have any funds?
Then contact DMS to schedule a consultation. We will digitize, store and deliver your audio, video, text, and images for instructional use at no cost to faculty.
To get started you will need to provide ·
- Instructor's NetID or name, department, and contact information
- Course name, course number, and section number
- Semester the class is being taught
- Material to be digitized
- Copyright information or full citation for source of the materials
The DMS staff will help you determine the technical aspects of your project if you need assistance.
Text scanning projects are usually completed within three to five days. Audio and video projects are usually completed within one week but can take longer depending on the length and number of titles requested. Slide scanning can require only a few hours or several weeks depending on the amount of slides to be scanned. However, we will accommodate quick turnaround requests when possible. Our work is done on a first come, first served basis, so you are encouraged to bring your materials to DMS at least a week before you need them.